Monday, August 24, 2009

Grilled Spicy Chicken Recipe


I can never get enough of grilled or barbequed chicken. There are two things that I can continually stuff my face with - full or not. Chicken wings and pizza slices (Domino's of course). There is just something about them juicy wings. I love this recipe because trust me the wings taste very very good. Very few ingredients, easy to make, can be barbecued or grilled. I have done both. The secret is this: marinade the wings overnight.

8-10 full wings
What you need for the marinade:
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 tbsp meat curry powder
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp prepared mustard - safe to leave out if u don't have
2 tbsp honey
Few drops of dark soy sauce for colour
2 tbsp olive oil 

Combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl. Add the chicken wings and turn to coat evenly. Marinate the wings and refrigerate for 3–4 hours (overnight better).

For bbq: Skewer the chicken wings with a barbecue rod and grill over a barbecue pit. Brush wings with remaining marinade and turn over halfway through grilling. Continue to turn the wings, brushing with a light coat of marinade and olive oil each time until the chicken wings are done.

For grilling: First I pre-heat the oven at 200 deg Celcius (blur case: Pre-heat means for how long ah? Ten min la.). Then I place the wings on a baking tray (line with baking paper so it won't stick to tray), then I brush the wings with some olive oil. Grill them wings for about 10-12 mins per side. I usually take them out after that, turn the pieces and baste with the remainder marinade and oil and grill for another 10-12 mins.

Tip: If the chicken pieces are big I would recommend grilling 15 mins per side.

Then I serve it with a side serving of salad tossed in Italian dressing. Yums people.

2 comments:

Vivien Macdonald said...

Hmm... i'll have to try this with the meat powder. Never done that before!

The Sudden Cook said...

Yes do try - it really gives it alot of flavour....

Share This

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails