Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Sandwich Mondays with Tasty Tuna!

Most Mondays in our household I have dubbed 'Sandwich Mondays'. This is mainly due to the fact that my husband and I turn into eating machines over the weekends. And this is mainly due to the fact that we are either eating out, over at someone's house or feeling plain greedy. It is the weekend after all....

Then comes Monday. Sigh...back to work and routine. So come dinner, I usually opt to prepare something really simple. I mean really simple. Enter Tasty Tuna Sandwiches. Which even my 4 year-old nephew can prepare.

What you need:
1 can of Ayam Brand Tuna Chunks
Black Pepper
Salt
Mayo
Bread
Some lettuce
This is all u need....with the tuna of course.
What to do:
I normally buy the tuna soaked in sunflower oil. It just tastes better. Usually I strain the oil away and empty contents into a bowl and then flake the tuna with a fork to make the chunks finer. (Question: What is flake ah? Answer: Just take a fork, imagine the tuna chunk is your boss, and just run the fork into the chunks until they get finer)
I then add about 2 tablespoons of mayo, a pinch of salt and a good dose of black pepper to the mix.



My husband likes it like a sandwich. So I butter both sides and fill with filling and of course the compulsory lettuce.


I prefer it on single slices like these. So I butter the side and fill the top half with tuna and the bottom with the lettuce.
And this is my tasty tuna sandwich.
Simple like I said, even my nephew can make.

6 comments:

Shyam said...

you should borrow my sandwich maker. put the sandwich in with a slice of cheese and 2 mins later - you have a Tuna Melt. Yum!

note : take out the lettuce before you put in the sandwich maker ah..

note note : which nephew you thinking of? if it starts with J, then not only will you have tuna sandwich, you will have tuna wall, tuna carpet, tuna everywhere!

Sahara said...

I like your photos..also if you cut onions small bits and mix with the tuna also nice...

btw..cool table runner

The Sudden Cook said...

Thanks for the tips guys!

bloomingwives said...

love the way you described "flake". hahaha. love your blog!

The Sudden Cook said...

Thanks so much. Haha yea well...

Jobless Girl said...

Look so yummy!!

Share This

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails