Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Super Simple Vanilla Cup Cakes


I am certainly not exaggerating with the title. Trust me this is super simple to make.

Makes : 12 cupcakes

What you need:
Half a block of softened butter (take out of fridge about 30 mins before, cut into small squares for easier mixing)
2 eggs
3/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
170 grammes caster sugar
180 grammes self-raising flour - sifted
1/2 cup milk (about 125 ml)
pinch of salt

Just put everything into a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer till light and fluffy. (You might want to add the flour in two batches if using a hand mixer). Preheat your oven at 170 degrees Celsius for ten mins. Get out your muffin pan and line with cupcakes liners. Spoon two tablespoons of batter into each liner.

Bake in pre-heated oven for 13-15 mins.

Lovely! I tried this recipe twice. The first time I set my oven at 180 degrees Celsius and the bottom of the cupcake was almost black. So 170 works for me. Try eating them just out of the oven...divine!

1 comment:

wanda said...

I like simple cupcakes like this. But some raisins would be good too. Cheers.

Share This

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails