Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Chilli Chicken with Cashews

Yes I love love love this dish. I used to order chilli chicken rice from the shops before so making it now and having it for dinner is a real treat I must say.

What to do:
Toast cashewnuts in oven for 5 mins

4-5 Dry chillies – cut into thirds
Ginger – 6-8 slices
2 chicken breasts (sliced and marinated with light soya sauce & corn flour)
Spring onions – cut in 5cm pieces

In a bowl mix following:
1 tablespoon light soya sauce
½ tablespoon dark soya sauce
½ tablespoon sesame oil
½ tablespoon black vinegar (can omit la if you don’t have)
½ tablespoon sugar

Heat oil until HOT. Fry the dry chillies for 1 min and take out.
Fry chicken slices for 2-3 minutes and take out. (use a non-stick pan if u have one)
Fry ginger slices and take out.
Put the bowl of sauces and fry for 30 seconds.
Add back the chicken and tiny bit of water (3 tablespoons)
Lower heat and let braise for 10 mins.
Add back the dry chillies, cashews and ginger.
Fry for 2 mins.
Add spring onions and give a brisk stir.
Serve immediately!

If you would like it to be more saucy - then add a bit more water. Goes oh so well with steaming hot rice!

5 comments:

Roshan said...

Wow! I love chilli chicken. Its definetely on my next to do list!

Joanna said...

Ah I must try this and your linguini.

The Sudden Cook said...

Great! Do try:)

Joanna said...

I tried this recipe out. It turned out great but i think i sould have let the chicken braise a liitle longer. And i tried to be stingy on the chilli but my father caught me.

The Sudden Cook said...

I bet on ur 2nd try you will get it perfect! CHILLI chicken la- how to stinge on the CHILLI!!!!

Share This

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails