Serves: 4-5 persons
What you need:
1 packet pre-cooked 250g lasagna sheets
2 tbsp olive oil
1 crushed garlic clove
2 large tomatoes - chopped
500g minced beef
1 large onion - chopped finely
1 tsp oregano + rosemary sprinkling (I used Italian dried herbs)
250g tomato paste - mixed with 3 cups water
250g Tasty grated cheese + 100g shredded Mozzarella cheese (for topping)
What to do:
First you wanna make the meat sauce so here goes.
1) Heat oil, add onions and garlic. Stir over medium heat until onion has softened.
2) Add minced beef and stir till meat is cooked and no longer pink.
3) Add tomatoes and stir for 3 minutes.
4) Add tomato paste + water mixture, oregano+rosemary+salt+ pepper to taste and stir over medium heat for 5 mins.
5) Cover and simmer for 1 hour
Ok now comes the assembling part - pre-heat your oven at this point 180C for 10 mins
1) Grease your baking dish.
2)Start with laying down some lasagna sheets - I use about 3 sheets
Then spread the meat sauce over the sheets
Then spread some tasty cheese over the meat sauce
So remember it's this way:
Layer 1 = lasagna sheets+meat sauce+tasty cheese
Layer 2 = lasagna sheets+meat sauce+ tasty cheese
Layer 3 = lasagna sheets + meat sauce +top with mozzarella cheese
4) Bake at 180C for 30 mins. Let stand for 15 min before diving in!
Tip#1: Cover with foil for first 20 mins, then take off foil towards the end. Otherwise the cheese will brown pretty fast.
Tip#2: I also suggest tasting the sauce before starting the assembling as to see if you've seasoned it with enough herbs, salt and black pepper.
Random thought: My husband and I loved it! Caution: You may need to hit the gym after.