Thursday, December 31, 2009

Crunchy Noodle Salad


I prepared this super simple crunchy noodle salad recently for my family's Xmas do. Chang's Original Fried Noodles is what makes this dish as great as it is. Unfortunately I can't seem to find this over here and have to get my supply from my cousins in Australia. Thanks Jean!


Pix from www.changs.com

The recipe is on the back of the packet itself. Just follow it to the letter and the salad turns out great!

What you need:
I Chinese Cabbage - shredded or chopped finely
6 spring onions - cut about 5mm in length
Sliced Almonds - toasted lightly

Seasoning:
60ml white vinegar
1/4 cup caster sugar
1 tablespoon light soya sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
120ml olive oil

Combine all dressing ingredients in a saucepan. Stir well over low heat until sugar dissolves. Cool. Toss cabbage, chopped spring onions and almonds in a salad bowl. Add dressing and mix well. Just before serving add the noodles and toss thoroughly.

Tips:
Add the noodles just before serving.
If someone is having a bbq, offer to bring this dish. TRUST ME it'll be a hit.

Here's a look at what else we had for dinner that night.



This Sudden Cook wishes all A Blessed 2010!

4 comments:

J.J.S. said...

The food looks excellent ! Your photography skills are also very good - you can start looking into food photography. :-)

The Sudden Cook said...

Thanks Jo! Yes have def improved since starting this blog.

Vivien Macdonald said...

I make this salad in the summer. My MIL gave me the recipe and we use ramen noodles instead - that's easy to get from anywhere. Ramen noodles a.k.a "Maggee Mee" lah. And the seasoning packet in there is used to add in the seasoning makings.

The Sudden Cook said...

You know that's such a great idea. I think even 'mamee' will work - all u need is the crunch factor wat!

Share This

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails