So this year I thought I would make a special meal for my hubby for Christmas as a reward for putting up with me for 2009. I combed the Internet looking for a suitable recipe. At last, this recipe caught my kitchen-eye. He loves ( and I mean loves) pork. A combination of his favourite meat with mustard which he enjoys as well would be a sure winner. And I was right la as usual - husband are you reading this????
What you need:
2 pork chops - 250g each ( I bought mine in the Jaya 33 grocer - very cheap and extremely good pieces)
3 small potatoes, unpeeled, cut into wedges
60 ml mustard (4 tablespoons)
80ml chicken stock
1 tablespoon olive oil
200ml cream ( I use whipping cream)
Handful of parsley leaves, chopped
Salt + Black Pepper
What to do:
1) Sprinkle salt and black pepper on both sides of pork chops and set aside.
2) Parboil potatoes - Place them in a pot and cover with water. Boil for 10 mins and drain.
3) Transfer potatoes to a roasting pan.
4) Combine mustard, chicken stock, olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper in a jug. Pour over potatoes and toss to combine.
5) Place pork chops on top of potatoes. Roast for 25-30mins in a pre-heated oven at 200C.
6) When pork is done, transfer to a plate, cover in foil and let stand for 10 mins.
7) Add cream and chopped parsley to potatoes in pan. Stir to combine. Return to oven for 10 mins.
#1Prepare some garlic bread to go with. It goes great with the sauce.
#2Potatoes must be par-boiled first otherwise they won't be done.
#3Tell your other-half you appreciate them.
Merry Christmas All!