Anyways I decided to try this recipe and it turned out very very nicely.
What you need for the filling:
1 tablespoon olive oil
750g chicken thigh fillets, cut into 2cm cubes
200g button mushrooms, sliced
3 small onions, thinly sliced
100g ham, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons plain flour
3/4 cup milk or light cream ( I used whipping cream)
4 sheets ready-rolled puff pastry, thawed
1 egg, lightly beaten
What to do:1) Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add oil and butter. When sizzling, add chicken. Reduce heat to medium. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring often, or until lightly browned.
2) Add mushrooms, onions and ham. Stir until well combined. Cook for a further 3 to 4 minutes or until mushrooms are just softened. Sprinkle over flour, stirring constantly until well combined.
3) Remove from heat. Slowly pour in milk, stirring until smooth. Return to heat. Cook, stirring, for 6 minutes or until sauce comes to the boil. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool completely. Note: Cool mixture completely before putting them on pastry sheets
Assembling:1) Preheat oven to 200C. Line baking tray with baking paper. Cut each sheet of pastry into 4 even sqaures.
2) Spoon chicken mixture over squares, leaving a 1.50cm border around edges.
3) Place remaining pastry square over chicken mixture
4) Using a fork, press edges of pastry sheet gently down to seal
5) Brush tops of squares with egg wash before popping into oven
6) Bake for 25 minutes until golden and serve.
These are quite filling! 8 is enough for 4 persons actually. Keep any leftovers in the freezer and when u wish to have them just thaw and toast in oven for a few mins. Perfecto!