I said it before and I'll say it again - love love love puff pastry. This time I decided to cook a simple filling with sardines using this recipe:
What you need:
1 can 230g sardines (I use Ayam Brand) - drain the sauce, pick out the bones from the sardines and flake them (keep some chucks in there)
1 medium sized onion, sliced finely
1 teaspoon curry powder
2 teaspoons chilli paste (add chilli powder with some water to form a paste)
1 tablespoon oil
Seasoning: Salt, sugar & pepper
What to do:
1) Heat oil in a saucepan. Add onions and cook until soft.
2) Add in chilli paste and curry powder. Fry quickly and add sardines. Turn down heat if needed.
3) Add about 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce drained from sardines earlier
4) Add a pinch of salt, sugar and pepper. Allow to cool.
5) Prepare triangle puffs (see above) & bake in a pre-heated oven at 200C for 15 mins.
Tip#1: Sardine filling should be thick and not runny
Tip#2: Must cool completely before starting to make puffs.