Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Simple Black Pepper Beef Recipe


So this post is for those and only those who love black pepper.
I have come across several versions of how to make black pepper beef. Some have turned out and some haven't. So last night I combined two versions and it turned out nicely. This version gives the black pepper a bit of 'sauce' to go with the rice which is what I like as oppose to the 'drier' versions.

What you need:
300g beef fillet
1 big onion - thinly sliced
5 cloves garlic - minced
Spring onions - cut into 5cm pieces
1 tablespoon oil

Marinade:
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp coarsely ground black pepper
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp black pepper sauce (see bottle above)
1 tbsp corn flour
1 tsp light soy sauce

Sauce: (Combine in a bowl)
1 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp black pepper sauce
1 tbsp water

Marinate the beef fillet with the marinade ingredients for at least 30 mins.
In a wok heat oil until hot and saute onion then garlic. Add beef and stir fry. When meat is no longer pink, add sauce and allow to boil. Add spring onions and mix. Serve hot.
Tip: If you feel you would like more sauce, add more water.


Truly black pepper at its best.

12 comments:

Vivien Macdonald said...

I love that Black Pepper sauce. It's the bomb!

noobcook said...

I can't have enough of black pepper sauce. It goes so well with beef, and rice :)

The Sudden Cook said...

This dish is like comfort food to me. First I scoop the rice into a bowl and then ladle the hot black pepper beef on top. Then I sit in front of the tv and indulge!

tigerfish said...

I like this dish too! There was once I tried a slight variation by adding fresh basil - it was so good too!

The Sudden Cook said...

Wow! Now you got me thinking....will try!

Susan said...

Thanks for the tip on the sauce. Love black pepper Asian dishes, but thought the pepper was scratch added. I'll go track down some at my local Asian market.

The Sudden Cook said...

The sauce is really great Susan. Had a friend who used it to make black pepper fish (fish fillets pre-fried) first and topped with sauce.

Joanna said...

I tried this and it was easy to prepare. And I got positive reviews from my family members :)

The Sudden Cook said...

Thanks Joanna! Glad you all enjoyed it.

billa gurl said...

How do I get the beef to become tender?? The pix looks so yummy..am droping by for some!!Keep the posts coming....

The Sudden Cook said...

Hi billa gurl - thanks for stoppin by. The beef will become tender by the time u've stir-fried it. Keep the lid on for a while and allow the heat to penetrate the meat.

Do try a piece as you're done to make sure its tender enough.

Tip: Don't cut the beef slices too thick.

johnervin11 said...

Love the food! You’re amazing. This menu is fantastic:) It sure will help everyone who’s looking for a perfect menu like this. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

Share This

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails