The Sudden Cook's way to make perfect hard-boiled eggs are super easy. I would love to know the different methods used by different people. I stuck to this method cause it worked all the time!
1) Remove eggs from fridge at least 10 minutes before.
2) Place in saucepan and fill with cold water. Be sure the water covers the eggs surface
3) Place saucepan over heat (don't cover) and bring it to a boil
4) Once it starts to boil, place the cover over saucepan, turn off heat and leave for 15minutes.
5) About 8 mins in between, remove cover and use a chopstick/spoon to move eggs around. Replace cover and leave for rest of required time.
6) Remove eggs, run over cold water to cool and proceed to peel.
Mashing them eggs makes great egg sandwiches or these egg and bacon puffs.
On a totally unrelated note, this blog is sporting a spanking (new) banner created by my very talented blogger friend Red Ruby On Fire. I went to high school with RROF and can attest to the fact that this girl is super creative! Thanks GS! The spoons are a welcome change to the otherwise dreary look the blog was made of in the past. One batch of brownies coming your way when you're down next. Make sure you give me a holler!