Monday, July 26, 2010

Ham and Cheese Mini Quiche

Update: The Sudden Cook is a YEAR OLD today! I started this blog exactly a year ago! Thank you to each and everyone whoever and wherever you are for taking the time out to read this very unknown blog. It has been fun and I never knew I could make friends in the process and am VERY glad that I have:) Ok. Back to the quiche now.


So I'm having my husband's cousins over for dinner in a couple of weeks and was looking to preparesome mighty fine finger food. I decided to give this recipe a trial run last Saturday. Was mighty pleased with the results - they are interesting to make and more importantly pretty simple to prepare.

Makes 18 mini quiches.

Use a 20ml tablespoon and 250ml measuring cup.

What you need:

3 large eggs 
90ml (4 1/2 tablespoons) cream 
3 teaspoons (18g) grated onion
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Salt and pepper
2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed (use sheets that measure about 25cm by 25cm)
100g (1 cup) grated tasty cheddar cheese
115g (2/3 cup) finely chopped shaved leg ham

What to do:

1) Preheat oven to 210 degrees Celsius. Generously grease a muffin pan.
2) Using a fork or small whisk, beat eggs, cream, grated onion, nutmeg, salt and pepper in a small bowl until well combined.
3) Using a round cutter with a diameter of 8cm, cut nine circles from each sheet of pastry. 

4) Line each muffin hole with a pastry round. Divide grated cheese evenly between pastry cases.

5) Then divide chopped ham evenly between the pastry cases.


Spoon about one tablespoon of egg mixture into each pastry case. 








6) Bake for about 20-22 minutes or until quiches are golden and puffed.




This recipe was adapted from this website.






Random Facts: 





I used my favourite Pampas frozen puff pastry which I also used hereherehere.


The cutter was on loan from my sis. She is most probably reading this so "Thanks sis!"



18 comments:

WyYv said...

wow~ thats one fine quiche :D

Linda www.mykindofcooking.com said...

A simple, elegant, delicious recipe! Yum!

busygran said...

Lovely quiche, so rich and cheesy! Yum!

noobcook said...

looks great! I have to try the recipe some day :D

MaryMoh said...

These looks very delicious....simple and easy to make. Great to party. I would love to try. Thanks very much for sharing.

Ms Me said...

Hey Sudden Cook! Quiche's look too yummers!

Thanks for the comment by the way...You're kind of like my only reader for the moment. I'll publicize in a few weeks. I want to see how this works out before I start sharing my space :) Just feel special for now ok? Muah!

tigerfish said...

I always like ham and cheese combination such as in a sandwich, bun, etc. :)

The Sudden Cook said...

Thanks to all for stopping by! I just added a note to my post to say Happy Anniversary to me:) Yeah The Sudden Cook is exactly a year old and I just feel happy about it. Haha - lame but true! The idea to start this blog just popped into my head one day and walah - here we are one year later and mainly because I have great great blogger friends like u guys who take the time to read and leave your comments. Very much appreciated - you all have great blogs yourself and I will def continue to be your loyal reader. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site thesuddencook.blogspot.com
Is this possible?

Eliminate Belly Fat said...

Really that is it, how easy and they sure look good. Love it, good for you, thanks for sharing.

Ann Jebaratnam said...

I can attest to the fact that these were VERY good! :-) That and the chicken wings. Sigh... I'm dreaming about them already.

The Sudden Cook said...

Thanks Ann! So glad you all enjoyed it. J loves it to the extent he kept bugging me to have some before you all came over - compromised and let him have 2! He wanted 6.

My Little Space said...

You know, this is the best way to make something simple & delicious, of coz, most of all hassle free! haha.... Do you agree with me? Sometimes, I also get lazy and wanted eating out. But after discussing with the kids for half an hour. Everyone prefer to stay at home and have Maggie mee instead. Like my boy, he will put up his hands first and count out what are the stalls we're going... then ended up saying boring! haha... And said: "mom... we eat Maggie mee or dried boiled noodle lah!So boring eating out!" haha...
For me, I can just take a sandwich & a cup of coffee. Thanks for sharing & enjoy your day.
Cheers, kristy

Kirsten said...

The Quiche's look so wonderful and very adorable. I am a huge fan of quiche to start with that these little savory bites are right up my alley.

The Sudden Cook said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Sudden Cook said...

Kristy: Yes, they are indeed hassle free to make - in fact I just made them today for tea and waiting for my family to come over and dig in!
Kirsten:Thanks for stopping by! They do look very adorable - the photos don't do them justice...

Anonymous said...

where to get the frozen puff pastry sheet?

The Sudden Cook said...

You can get it at supermarkets such as Cold Storage.

Share This

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails