You can pick and choose which ingredient you favour as your preferred topping. There are no 'set' toppings.
Fast cooking time
10 mins. Enuff said.
The crisp thin crust of the pita bread gives it just enough crunch while the cheese which has melted and become all gooey on top gives it a soft texture. The toppings fill your mouth with a meaty taste while the tomato paste which is spread on the pizza base brings it all together.
I started my journey with ignorance I shall admit. Why ignorance? Well, I used store-bought frozen pizza base when making my first pizza. Unlike frozen puff pastry ( all hail the puff pastry!), frozen pizza base is only so-so.
Fast forward to my second attempt. I learnt an invaluable tip from my sister. And the pizza was super yummy.
On my third attempt, I've opted for ground or minced beef and the results were once again great. Here are the quick and easy steps you may follow:
Thin Crust Pita Bread Pizza with Ground Beef Topping
Pre-heat oven to 200C.
1) Season the ground/minced beef (about 200g) with black pepper for a while.
2) Just add a tiny amount of oil to a saucepan and fry beef till no longer pink. Set aside to cool.
3) Slice 2-3 pita breads horizontally. Spread tomato paste on each side.
4) Place desired amount of cook minced beef on pita bread and top with grated mozzarella cheese. Line baking tray and place 'pizzas' on top.
5) Bake for 10 minutes till base is crisp and cheese is golden brown.
Tip: Try and buy good quality pita bread. This DOES make a difference. When you slice them horizontally they should fall apart easily.