Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Pita Bread Pizza Using Ground Beef

I started my pizza baking adventures a couple of months ago. I can't believe it took me this long to learn how to prepare pizza. I simply love the simplicity involved, the fast cooking time and the yummylicious results of course! Allow me to elaborate.

Simplicity Involved
You can pick and choose which ingredient you favour as your preferred topping. There are no 'set' toppings.

Fast cooking time
10 mins. Enuff said.

Yummylicious taste
The crisp thin crust of the pita bread gives it just enough crunch while the cheese which has melted and become all gooey on top gives it a soft texture. The toppings fill your mouth with a meaty taste while the tomato paste which is spread on the pizza base brings it all together.

The Journey
I started my journey with ignorance I shall admit. Why ignorance? Well, I used store-bought frozen pizza base when making my first pizza. Unlike frozen puff pastry ( all hail the puff pastry!), frozen pizza base is only so-so.

Fast forward to my second attempt. I learnt an invaluable tip from my sister. And the pizza was super yummy. 

On my third attempt, I've opted for ground or minced beef and the results were once again great. Here are the quick and easy steps you may follow:

Thin Crust Pita Bread Pizza with Ground Beef Topping 
Pre-heat oven to 200C.

1) Season the ground/minced beef (about 200g) with black pepper for a while.


2) Just add a tiny amount of oil to a saucepan and fry beef till no longer pink. Set aside to cool.


3) Slice 2-3 pita breads horizontally. Spread tomato paste on each side.


4) Place desired amount of cook minced beef on pita bread and top with grated mozzarella cheese. Line baking tray and place 'pizzas' on top.


5) Bake for 10 minutes till base is crisp and cheese is golden brown.

Tip: Try and buy good quality pita bread. This DOES make a difference. When you slice them horizontally they should fall apart easily.

14 comments:

SD said...

Looks yum! Will definetely try this soon.

wanda said...

Great idea for a quick yummy dinner. Gotta try this out soon for sure.

scale said...

What a simple way of making your pizza. Quick & easy! Thanks for sharing & happy thanksgiving.
Cheers, Kristy

tigerfish said...

It is so easy, right?

noobcook said...

love ground beef ... easy and delicious looking :)

Ann Jebaratnam said...

Very nice Hems. I can taste it already. :-) What are the cooking plans for Christmas?? SIL and I are putting up the tree at my dad's this Saturday.

The Sudden Cook said...

Thanks all for stopping by. Yes its super easy and quick. Hope to experiment with different topping choices.
Ann - lots of plans for baking/cooking - waiting for time off from work to begin!

Ms. Meanie said...

Oooh! I LOVE pita pizzas. They are so good and satisfying. Thin crust is my fave too, so pitas are great for that.

cik wa said...

Hema, tips on setting the oven pls.-temp. bfore placing d pizza to bake-temp. for baking-baking time :)

The Sudden Cook said...

Ms Meanie: Yes this crust all the wayyyyyy

Dear Cik Wa: Set the oven temp to 200C and pre-heat for 10mins. Then once oven is hot, put in pizza (oven temp remains the same) and bake for 10mins. Your pizza is ready!

cik wa said...

Thanks !!! will def try

Sheila Billa said...

Waiting eagerly for your next post....

Ms Me said...

Ms Cook! I've been MIA - but im making a come back and I'm definitely going to try this soon!

See you soon!

The Sudden Cook said...

Sheila Billa: New post is up inspired by Ann!
Ms Me: Welcome back! Pictures of your new pad PLEASE!

Share This

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails