Stroganoff sounds like a music composer to me. Like he could be Bach or Mozart's friend in their elite group. All talking and puffing on their cigars. Laughing at the world.
But on Sunday night - Stroganoff was my friend. We did a little dance and got along famously.
What you need:
About 2 tablespoons butter
1 onion, finely sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
600g diced chicken
1 tin sliced button mushrooms
3 tablespoons tomato paste
300g sour cream
What to do:
1) Melt some butter in a frying pan, add the onion and cook until soft then add the garlic and cook for less than 1 minute. Remove.
2) Melt some butter over high heat and brown the chicken in batches. Set aside with the onion and garlic.
3) In the same pan, brown the mushrooms for 2 minutes.
4) Return the onion, garlic and chicken to the pan and mix. Take the pan off the stove, and stir in tomato paste and sour cream.
5) Return to the heat and cook, stirring constantly until the mixture has thickened. Reduce the heat and cook till chicken has cooked through - about 5 minutes. Season well with salt and black pepper.
Serve with penne pasta and some salad on the side with dressing of your choice.
The portion is easily enough for 4 persons if there are side dishes like salad etc.
If you have some leftover sour cream, why not try these delish Choc Cup Cakes.