Monday, April 18, 2011

Tuna Pizza using Pita Bread

Pita Bread is amazing. There it was sitting in my fridge but calling out to me. I mean, I didn't have a clue what to make for dinner but I knew that pita bread had to be involved.

I had cheese - mozzarella to be exact. The only thing that comes to mind when I think of mozzarella is pizzas.

Then I had a can of tuna.
Brand: Ayam Brand
Type: Tuna flakes in Sunflower Oil

Hmmm.....So I opted to make Tuna Pizzas using Pita Bread.



Here's what I did:

Step 1:
For thick crust: Use the pita bread as a whole
For thin crust: Slice the pita bread horizontally to achieve the thin crust effect. You may see how it's done here.

Step 2:
Spread some tomato paste or tomato puree on the pita bread using the back of the spoon to coat evenly.

Step 3:
Drain the can of tuna and lightly flake with a fork to loosen the chunks. Season with some black pepper and chilli flakes (the type you get at Domino's). Add desired amount of tuna on the pita bread.

Step 4:
Top with grated mozzarella cheese.

Step 5:
Bake in pre-heated oven at 200C for 10 minutes.


It was easy to make and tasted delicious especially when eaten fresh from the oven. I've tried making pizzas using various toppings. Can't decide which is my favourite yet.

Type 1: More of hubby's fav
Type 2: Super simple can add fresh button mushrooms too
Type 3: I think this is my fav topping

For two persons, making these sort of pizzas are really a quick fix for dinner. Use good quality pita bread and you're good to go!

4 comments:

Mary said...

This is unusual but it sounds delicious. You are a clever gal:-). I hope you have a great day.

tigerfish said...

I made pizza using pita bread over the weekend too! Love it.

The Sudden Cook said...

Mary: Unusual but nice!
Tigerfish: Pita bread is truly awesome.

nádya said...

Looks delicious! I am trying one myself but using normal bread, hope it works out and is tasty just as yours!!
Blessings,
Nádya

Share This

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails