Monday, December 19, 2011

Easy Butter Cookies Recipe

Yet again an awesome and simple recipe from Ann's blog. I have been meaning to try baking butter cookies for some time now. I felt like I needed to get the most basic of cookies right before continuing to adventure with other types of cookies. I browsed through a couple of blogs but none of the recipes spelt 'simple' as much as the recipe highlighted in Ann's blog. It called for 3 ingredients only - sugar, butter and flour. It had this 1-2-3 thing going on (you'll see). Super simple. And let me tell you about the results later. 

What you need:
100g icing or castor sugar
200g butter - cubed
300g plain flour (sieved)
(1,2,3 - geddit?)

What to do:
Pre-heat oven to 130C. Line your baking tray with baking paper.

1) With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar in mixing bowl till pale and creamy for about 2 minutes.
2) Add the flour bit by bit, mixing by hand using a spatula.

3) Once all incorporated, chill dough for 15-20mins.
4) Remove dough from fridge. Divide into two. Use one half to work with and the other half return to fridge to chill.
5) Ball up the dough and place between 2 plastic sheets. Use a rolling pin and roll out about 4-5mm thick. (The dough is superbly easy to work with!).


6) Using a cookie cutter, cut into preferred shape and arrange on baking tray.
7) Bake at 150C for 20-25 mins.

Note: Remove remaining dough from fridge and repeat process until all the dough is used up.

This marks my third successful recipe from Ann's Blog. The first almost a year ago and the second another cookie recipe as well.

Oh yes the results. So far the people who are always my best critics - my husband and sister - totally loved it. The bonus? My 6-year old nephew quietly finishing the whole jar of cookies all by himself as we adults chatted away!!

If you've never baked or have never tried baking cookies, I urge you to start with a simple basic recipe like this.

Tips:
  • Keep an eye while the cookies are baking. For me, I baked them for only 20minutes. You don't want them to overbrown.
  • Just like Ann, I used icing sugar for this recipe as I wanted to finish off my supply.
  • Since I have an ever-ready supply of Pampas frozen puff pastry in my fridge, I just used two of the blue plastic sheets you can find in their packet.
  • I don't have any nice cookie cutters. I need to invest in some interesting shapes. Round is pretty boring.
The Sudden Cook wishes all her readers a very Merry Christmas and Blessed 2012!!

10 comments:

Amelia's De-ssert said...

Hello sudden cook, this is as easy as 1,2,3 type of cookies and looks delicious. Have a nice day.

The Sudden Cook said...

Thanks Amelia! They were delicious...and yes as easy as 1-2-3.

noobcook said...

1,2,3 is an easy way to remember the recipe. Happy Holidays!

The Sudden Cook said...

Happy Holidays to you too!! This recipe is so super easy to remember and quite fondly requested by my other half!

tigerfish said...

These are such classic cookies! Kinda miss them.

Happy 2012 to you and your family!

Sonia (Nasi Lemak Lover) said...

this is too simple and it sound so nice..Happy New Year 2012 to you.

The Sudden Cook said...

Tigerfish & Sonia: Same to you both!

Food Recipes said...

Your recipe is presented in a very attractive format. Keep posting Food Recipes like this

Spencer said...

Looks absolutely delicious! I could quite easily eat about 100 of those cookies I think.

shu said...

I just try the recipe as newbie, is delicious and yummy 👍. Thanks for sharing!

Share This

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails