Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Cornflakes Crunchies

A tiny-sized portion of cornflakes goodness! What I love about these:

1) They are super easy to pop into your mouth. Only exercise involved is prying them from the liners.

2) I get to re-name them Cornflakes Crunchies (from Honey Joys as stated in the recipe) as I think they are better suited
3) My nephew loves them
4) They are super easy to make

They are also pretty addictive like most cookies. I first made a batch early last year and was both happy and disappointed. Happy because it turned out but sad because it had a weird after taste due to the cheap quality honey that I had used.


So this time, I upgraded the bottle of honey and also halved the recipe.


Makes: 40 mini-sized crunchies


What you need:

35g butter (softened)
100g cornflakes
1/2 tablespoon caster sugar
60ml honey
1/2 tsp vanilla essence

What to do:

1) Combine butter, sugar, honey and vanilla essence in a saucepan; stir over low heat until smooth and thick.

2) Place cornflakes in a bowl, add mixture, stir until cornflakes are well coated.


3) Divide cornflakes in mini liners and bake in pre-heated oven at 180C for 8 minutes. After removing from oven, leave them alone for 10mins as they continue to firm up.


Tips:

Adjust the temperature according to your oven. In my case, I baked them at 160C for 10 mins cause my oven gets hot fast.

Keep them in airtight container. If at all they become soft, just re-bake at 150C for 8 mins.


And of course, the mother tip of all, use good quality honey!

4 comments:

Quay Po Cooks said...

This is a nice snack to keep around the house:D

the Sojourner said...

I do have a modified version where i use golden syrup and cook it in a stove over a stove. Agree that it's a super popular snack and a lot of ppl love it :)

Food For Tots said...

This is an addictive snack!! I just can't stop munch on it! Love your modified version. ;)

The Sudden Cook said...

Yes it is pretty addictive - both with adults and kids I have observed and so easy to make!

Share This

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails