1) They are super easy to pop into your mouth. Only exercise involved is prying them from the liners.
2) I get to re-name them Cornflakes Crunchies (from Honey Joys as stated in the recipe) as I think they are better suited
3) My nephew loves them
4) They are super easy to make
They are also pretty addictive like most cookies. I first made a batch early last year and was both happy and disappointed. Happy because it turned out but sad because it had a weird after taste due to the cheap quality honey that I had used.
So this time, I upgraded the bottle of honey and also halved the recipe.
Makes: 40 mini-sized crunchies
What you need:
35g butter (softened)
1/2 tablespoon caster sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
What to do:
1) Combine butter, sugar, honey and vanilla essence in a saucepan; stir over low heat until smooth and thick.
2) Place cornflakes in a bowl, add mixture, stir until cornflakes are well coated.
3) Divide cornflakes in mini liners and bake in pre-heated oven at 180C for 8 minutes. After removing from oven, leave them alone for 10mins as they continue to firm up.
Adjust the temperature according to your oven. In my case, I baked them at 160C for 10 mins cause my oven gets hot fast.
Keep them in airtight container. If at all they become soft, just re-bake at 150C for 8 mins.
And of course, the mother tip of all, use good quality honey!