Friday, February 10, 2012

Yummy Blueberry Muffins

                                            
One of the first blogs that I found appealing and informative and that truly helped me as a novice cook was http://www.noobcook.com/. What I liked were the bright pictures, the relatable recipes and the tips provided by the blogger in some of her recipes. Although I browse many many blogs these days, I do find myself coming back to this blog for more recipes to try.

Recently, I was inspired to try this recipe of Noob Cook’s, and it turned out well. Here is the recipe as seen on her blog with some personal notes.

By Noob Cook

What you need:
190g plain flour
1 ½ eggs beaten (I used two eggs)
½ tbsp baking powder
225g caster sugar
150g blueberries
125ml milk
1tsp vanilla extract (I used normal vanilla essence)
65g butter, softened
Cupcake liners measuring 5cm in diameter by 3cm in height

What to do:

Sift flour, baking powder and sugar together and mix well.

Add in milk, vanilla extract, eggs and butter and stir until just blended (and lumpy). Be careful not to over mix as it will result in a tough texture.
(I used my hand mixer to mix all together)

Fold in the blueberries into the mixture. Place baking cases in muffin tins. Spoon the mixture into the cases till almost full.
(I spooned just above 2 tablespoons of batter into each liner)

Bake for 20 minutes in preheated oven of 200C or until slightly golden brown. Allow to rest for several minutes before serving.


Verdict:
In future, I would add a small pinch of salt into the mix.
Also, if your oven heats up fast, I would advice to bake the muffins at a temperature of 180C.

Tip:
It’s best to eat them warm. So if you’ve frozen or refrigerated a batch, be sure to remove the liners, pop them into a microwave for a few seconds and enjoy!

8 comments:

tigerfish said...

Lovely! esp with generous usage of blueberries :)

Amelia's De-ssert said...

Hi the sudden cook, happy valentine day. Love you blueberries muffins..... delicious and tempting.

Food For Tots said...

Your muffins look gorgeous! I love blueberry too. They make the muffins moist and juicy. ;)

Jeannie said...

I usually bake cupcakes more than muffins, yours looks delicious!

noobcook said...

hey thanks for trying the recipe and your kind words. your blueberry muffins look great and I love your tips.

The Sudden Cook said...

Thanks all for stopping by.
Jeannie: Ditto! I bake cupcakes more than muffins too.

Easy Food Recipes said...

usage of blueberries :)

Nutrition Data said...

Blueberries are always good !! and they taste very different if you compare with other berries !!

Share This

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails